Thursday, September 04, 2008

Thursday Chick Bits

It's been awhile. Here's a brief update of what I've been doing:

Back in school for my last semester before applying to the Master's of Nursing program at Metro State. It's been a challenge getting my brain back into studying- and I only had 4 weeks off!
I have a new teacher who's very smiley for Anat & Phys and my nutrition teacher's pretty interesting.
I like her but you dont know if she's gonna kill you of kiss you. Awesome!

Having to journal everything I eat for 3 days made me realize that my diet is once more coffee, coffee, and fast food.....and coffee, so I'm amking an effort to get back to healthy eating. I even bought some cool new kitchen gadgets for veggies and a stove top grill at the State Fair.

Watch out! Sarah's back in the kitchen and baking season is almost upon us!

My sister is now married and I'm trying to get used to seeing her as Mrs Rueb. I've only seen her once for about a minute since the wedding so far.

I've still been struggling with my situation in life. There are days when I like being single and days I really struggle with it. Now that my sister's married and a bunch of my girlfriends are expecting kids I'm feeling more left behind.
It's not so much being single and childless than knowing if and when I do settle down and have kids, my friends' kids will be older and at a different place in life than I am still. I feel my cohort slipping away.

Possibly in rebellion I have gotten back together with my ex-boyfriend Troy- not my best friend who I'm convinced was made for me- but my other ex. He's mellowed somewhat but spending more time with him had only made me remember why I distanced myself from him in the first place. He talks to me like a servant; orders me around and he's not "in love" with "me" just the idea of me. He's thinking of getting custody of his 2 daughters and is looking for a babysitter and someone to run his household while he's away. That's not a life partner situation.

I actually took a long walk the other day and brought my bible. I live close to the church I grew up in. Sad thing is that recently the church was torn down and houses were built. But I walked over there anyway, remembering the days I went there, when I got baptized thru there, walking around the church and praying for blessing on the grounds, working missionettes, being in plays, going to VBS, potlucks after every service on Sundays. It really was my church community.
A block away is a park we used to go to so I walked over there and had my first real quiet time where I listened as well as spike in a long time. I was looking for any kind of encouragement and found myself reading I Peter.

It wasn't quite the encouragement I was looking for but it reminded me that we will go thru trials and they won't last but our treasure up in heaven is waiting and will always last. We just have to endure and persevere.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been dealing with some minor health stuff lately, too. The hormonal swings make me manic depressive but it seems I have to be back on my meds. I think my health is also fueling my struggle with being childless because it's really not looking good for me to be able to have children. I hope that's not the case but it's something I have to think about.

That's about all that's new. Not much. Looking forward to small group sign up this Friday and am hoping it won't be overwhelming for me with school and everything else. When I get tired and worn out I tend to make very stupid life decisions.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and I sang karaoke at the State Fair! and people came up to me on the street later and told me how good I was so there's my affirmation :)

ok..back to work

No comments: