Thursday, August 07, 2008

An Answered Prayer......well sort of

So this morning I prayed before I left for work that God would make the day go by swiftly but at the same time make it a long work day because I need more hours yet have little to do in the afternoons.

I get to work this morning--- no paperwork and no attachements on the e-mails.
So I ask my boss if I can drive down to Inver Grove Heights from New Brighton to pick up the paperwork since they told me it would be 10 o' clock by the time they got up here. He gave me the ok.

It was a beautiful morning for a drive- despite all the idiots on the roads. That killed about an hour and a half of time. My paperwork is in chaos. One of the guys at Cut Fruit is on vacation in Alaska and I heard the awful news that his brother died up there yesterday. Apparently he had a seizure and drowned in the bathtub. The Trone family could use a lot of prayer.

Now I'm left with 1/2 the paperwork I need, am still waiting for the other stuff to be e-mailed and faxed and I feel like I might never get out of here today. So I guess it's an answer to prayer.

I've been kind of melancholy this week. Been thinking about Christopher a bit....still now able to fully grasp it's been almst 4 months since he died. I've also just been thinking of life things- how things will change in my family when my sister gets married, what I'll say in the speech, how school will go this fall, wondering if I'm ever going to have a family of my own someday, and yet I'm also so anxious to go to church tomorrow night and worship God.

I really wanted to go last Friday except I had to drive to Hibbing. I really can't wait!!!

No comments: