Monday, August 04, 2008

Pictures from Summer Adventures

It's starting to get crazy and the next 3 weeks will be even crazier with my sister's wedding just 12 days away.

Here are some pictures from my last 2 weekends. I'm still working on the camping trip pics.
2 weekend ago I was at Mille Lacs with my friend Mike to just get in some fishing and 4-wheeling and just chill now that I've finished summer classes:














This is the biggest fish caught this year. It was rather choppy out on the water. I'd pity anyone with seasickness to be out that weekend but it was still fun.


I coudn't find my riding glasses and the trails were pretty dusty. Once I took off my sunglasses in the liqour store I got some strange looks and you can't see it in this pic but I was covered in mud and caked with dust.... awesome!















The great thing about Mille Lacs are the faboulous sunsets.















This past weekend I worked with my uncle once again in his mini-donut truck at the St Louis country fair in Chisholm, MN.














For those who don't know where that is, it's about 220 miles northwest next to Hibbing.

After working 40 1/2 hours at my regular job, I put in 31 1/2 hours working mini donuts for a total of 72 hours last week. Needless to say I'm a little tired today.

This was my life for those weekend hours:





























My cousin Jenna was also there. For some reason we lost our hotel room Saturday so Jenna was sent home Saturday night and since Troy's nieces live in Hibbing I was able to stay with them.



They're so great and I always love the opportunity to spend time with them.

Oddly enough when I go to the State Fair, I have to have all hte greasy crappy food, but when working a fair and that's all I have to eat for the weekend, I find no appeal in the food whatsoever- except in the chicken strips this one guy sells with this awesome honey mustard sauce- and white cheese curds.....but that's it. I don't even eat the free mini donuts.

So staring at these all weekend didn't tempt or phase me. :)
































As far as other life stuff, everything just seems on hold. The Troy B thing's still running around in my head but in my heart I've resolved it to be no.
It just seems like the people I want to be close to are distant and the ones I want to be distant from are close and I feel there's just no time to work on these things right now.....nor do I know how to work on them other than praying but it takes more than that.
All I do know is I'm tired thru and thru and I still need a big change in my life.
I sure hope I get into nursing school on the first try.

No comments: