Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Little Bit of Pampering

So re-reading my blogs after I post them makes me realize how non-sensical they seem. Someday I might have more than 10 minutes to write.

Hard to believe my sister's wedding is next Saturday already. It still all seems surreal. I'd hoped our downstairs bathroom would've been done by now. When I left for Hibbing it looked like it was, when I came home the tile was all ripped up in the shower again and the pieces were in the trash.

We have 3 houseguests arriving next week. It would be nice to have 2 bathrooms for the 6 fo us....and to get my room put back together so I can pull out the hide-a-bed.

I'm looking forward to seeing my relatives- especially those from British Colombia. I was supposed to move out there this year, but this wedding got in the way of that which actually turned out to be a blessing because it was the motivation I needed to get my butt back in school and work on my masters degree.

Once I'm a nurse, finding a job won't be the issue I've been facing in moving either.

Tonight I'm taking mom to get her hair highlighted and myself am having a spa manicure, facial, and brow wax. Good thing about the facial, too as all the evaporating grease that hit my face working mini donuts is starting to emerge in the form of zits- today I have a nice one right on the very tip of my nose.

I've also got a nice 3rd degree burn on my left forearm and a 3 inch scratch across my right hand. Really I don't care how I look in general but I would like to look nice for the wedding to contribute to my sister's "perfect day".

Unfortunately I am already predisposed to be spiteful towards the photographers. My sister just had to have this one place do them and they're dictating how the wedding is to go.

Here's the scenario:
Photographer: The cost is $5000.00 for 2 people and we have to start pictures at 11. You will have to see your fiancee before the ceremony so we'll give you 5 minutes alone together.

Oh and we EXPECT that there will be 2 place settings for us for dinner. We will be leaving by 7pm even though the dance doesn't start 'til 8.

KT: What do we get for that $5000???

Photographer: 2 CDs but any print you want you'll have to go somewhere else and pay extra.

Me: 5 Grand????!!! Are you out of your F$%^$King mind???? I have friends that would do it for $500!!!

KT: Too late we already signed the contract and paid them.

Me: (slaps hand on forehead and walks away in disgust)

I sure hope I don't spend $30K on my wedding. I love my sister but she's so naive about so many things and excpets to live like a millionaire on a elementary school teacher's salary.

I still have no idea what to say in my maid-of-honor's speech. I don't even want to give a speech. I have no fond memories of growing up together.....we downright hated each other.
I have nothing to say except "thank God it's over! Let's just get on with normal life shall we??"

Yes it's all very selfish and I'm trying to be supportive but the expectations are so high. Does no one realize that I still have my own life to live???? I don't have 3 months off this summer and unlimited funds to cater to her every whim like she and my parents' expcet me to. I have plans of my own that are all scheduled around this thing- some of these plans having been set before they were even engaged.....

I just need a little venting here.

One thing about a little pampering though, it makes you forget all your troubles - for about 2 hours anyway. :)

No comments: