Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Post 4th of July Musings

The summer's almost halfway over already.... Holy Crap!
My wedding diet has so far been dismally unsuccessful. I think with the stress of being in school and not being on a regular schedule along with all the other crap and a very inactive life sitting behind a desk all day and in a classroom all night - well I may have gained a few pounds.

This past weekend I was at our family's cabin in Richmond, MN. The weather was absolutely perfect. I bought a cheap inflatable raft and rowed around the lake. I got to try out my brand new tent and airmattress and decided I could live in there during the summer.

I didn't handle being around so many people that well though so I came back Saturday afternoon. My best friend Troy made tacos for dinner, we went for a motorcycle ride then I was introduced to "The Bourne Identity" and "The Bourne Supremacy".
Now I'll have to watch the last one.

Sunday I spent most of the day at a Caribou in Brooklyn Park studying before meeting my friends Keith and Craig (along with a friend of Craig's) to watch the 3 part season finale of Doctor Who..... Awesome. Totally awesome is all I can say, though I will desperately miss Catherine Tate.

I got a letter from Christopher's mom with some pictures she found in his things. One of them I already have but the other I'd forgotten about- featuring myself, Chris and 2 of his uncles who I'm very close to. I still have to make the albums for his daughters but it's been difficult to look at the pictures. Guess I'm still processing. It still doesn't feel real that he's gone. Every time I think about it I just start crying.

In other news, when I came home from the lake this last weekend, I noticed something along the wall by my bed that I thought was candle wax at first. I knew there had been a party at the house while I was away and wondered if anyone intruded in my room until I realized it was mushrooms! Yes ACTUAL MUSHROOMS growing out of my carpet!!!!! I was going to take a picture but by the time I got back home my brother had already cleaned them up.

We've been having a problem with water leaking into my room and haven't been able to lock down the source of the leak yet. But since my room's got issues now I took to sleeping in the living room upstairs last night. My air matress is super comfy but it literally does take up the whole living room. It's wall-to-wall with the couches so it's one room full of bed.

Next week is my last week of class- yay- then the big camping trip. I've got 4 intensive tests left starting with my muscle practical today.

That's about it for this girl- and it's enough.

No comments: