Monday, June 30, 2008

One More Shower Down....

Not much is going on in my social life still.
I'm enjoying not having to study every free moment I have, and to have taken the weekend off completely.

Here's how the weekend went:

Friday, went to the Rock. Kim came back!
Ended up meeting a friend at the Grand 7 for a drink. He knows the owners so we went with them to Mancini's where he knows the Mancini's as well. My friend and I danced and were repeatedly bought drinks by the Mancinis. I had to refuse some of them.....just can't drink like that anymore, but it was fun.

Saturday got up early to work, then went to Hugo for yet another one of my sister's wedding showers. This one was one that I had organized and was co-ed. There weren't that many people there- mostly our families- and the weather wasn't that great but that was great for me because it was over in 2 hours.

I had enough time for a 20 minute nap before meeting my best friend Troy for dinner. I waiting at his work for about an hour for him to finish. I took a little nap in my car and also talked to one of his co-workers for a long time.
Troy ended up delivering a motorcycle to a customer's house so while he did that, I crawled into his bed to take a nap again. He let me sleep for a couple hours.

We finally headed out to dinner about 8pm. We pulled into the lot at Timberlodge in West St. Paul where I'd taken him not 4 weeks ago. The place was shut down!!!!

So we went to the Cherokee Room....which was still good but I'd rather have gone to Timberlodge. We both had prime rib......had been awhile since I'd had it. Yummy. :)

After that, we drove around a bit, then took about a 3 hour walk thru South St. Paul. We walked every street in the neighborhood he grew up in. Walked the grounds of his high school and junior high while he wold me stories about growing up.
We stopped at DQ for some ice cream, then at this hole-in-the-wall bar the PNA which is a side by side house. you'd never know it was a bar!

It was a great night.

Yesterday I slept in 'til almost noon. Troy didn't feel like getting together so I took my new tent out and figured out how to put it up. Turk, my dog, seemed to like being inside it.
I couldn't find my air-pump at home so I bought an new one along with some new sheets for my new airmatress. I've spent way TOOOOO much money on this camping gear this year but it'll last me forever.

Last night my friend Mike and I went out for his b-day. We say "Get Smart" which was kind of slow but I enjoyed it. Then we hit Sgt. Pepper's for dinner.

Now it's just 4 intense days of work and school and studying before relaxing at the lake. Can't wait! .......

No comments: