Monday, June 23, 2008

The Home Stretch

This is my last full week of classes for the summer- woo hoo!

I'm looking forward to being able to breathe again during the week, especially now that summer has decided to show itself.

As usual, things are booking up fast. There's something going on every weekend until September now. I'm really looking forward to going back up to the lake for 4th of July weekend and to try out my new camping equipment up there before the trip in the 18th.

Last night I went out and bought a new tent. I've been hesitant to buy one since my other one's still good- just needs a little stitching up, but I got a bigger one- one where I can actually stand up inside.

In case of bigger camping events, this tent sleeps 4-6, unlike my other one that sleeps 2-3. I debated twice at the store whether I wanted a new backpacking tent or this bigger tent. The bigger one, won.

I also bought a double high queen size mattress to put in the tent. Now I'm all for roughing it as much as possible when camping; that's what it's all about, but it seems that in my 30s I have to upgrade. Maybe this is why old people canter around in 5th wheel trailers when they "camp". Will I be like that one day????

I'm still psyched about our camping trip to Harmony, MN this year. For now it seems our campground is under water due to the flooding rivers so we're waiting that one out. Hope it works out though.

Valleyfair looks like it might be a go this year. Haven't been on rides in a few years.

Speaking of rides though, yesterday I found out Troy's sister's fiancee bought a brand new Yamaha V-Star motorcycle......like the exact same one I wanted to get. He doesn't have his license yet so has been encouraging Troy to ride it. So yesterday I finally got to go for a ride! It had been too long....and I was scared to death (and it's not a Goldwing which feels safer) but it was exhilirating.

I could write more about stuff that's happening but I've got to cut this short. Lots of work to get done before I head of to class. There' s a test every day this week.

But one more thing.......after many years of trying to get my former co-worker to come to the Rock, she finally came last Friday and really liked it. She wants to go again this Friday so please pray that she does make it again. She's notorious for saying she'll be somewhere and not show up. She's going through some stuff and really is hungry for God I believe.

No comments: